Monday

Karl Lagerfeld Bear




I often reference my Peruvian heritage through out my blog but as of yet have not mentioned the other half of my heritage. This post is dedicated to my mom who is from Germany and combines my love for fashion and cute things.  I'm sure you would agree that this teddy bear is too cute ! He's also a very special bear made in the image of famous German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, his mini me you could say. This very cool and fashionable bear measures 16" in height and is made of plush alpaca wool. Wearing a miniature outfit designed in collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld, including black jeans, wool flannel jacket, white shirt, Swarovski crystal-studded silk tie and KL belt buckle, leather belt and tailor-made leather boots. He even has a pair of little sunglasses in the style Karl Lagerfeld himself wears. For this reason he has been called the most fashionable teddy bear on the planet.
             
        
 This handsome little guy is made by the German toy company Steiff. If you haven't heard of this legendary company you might be surprised to know that they are said to have invented the teddy bear. Founded in 1880 by Margarete Steiff a seamstress who had to sew with one hand because of Polio. Her company is not only the worlds oldest plush manufacturer but also world renown for their top quality.  Steiff teddy bears are very collectible especially vintage ones. My grandmother brought me back a teddy bear from Germany when I was a small child. It's not a Steiff but is beautifully made and I treasure it. : )                                                

For more information all photos and links are clickable. Visit the Steiff  website:  http://www.Steiffusa.com







1 comment:

*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails